Last Date of Submission : 25 June 5.00 PM
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANDIDATES
1. Candidates may download the application form from the website and send the duly filled form by post along with a Demand Draft to The Secretary, Kerala Media Academy, Kakkanad, Kochi – 30.
2. A common entrance examination will be conducted for Journalism courses (Print & TV Journalism) and a separate entrance examination will be conducted for PR and Advertising course. The entrance
examination for Journalism courses will be held in the morning and the examination for PR and Advertising will be held in the afternoon. Candidates can apply for both examinations, if they wish to seek admission for any of the three courses. The institute will publish separate rank lists for Print, TV Journalism and PR & Advertising courses based on the entrance examination and
Total Number of Seats – JC – 35 PR – 35
Total Number of Seats – Television Journalism – 25
(Journalism and Communication , Public Relations and Advertising) – Total Rs. 45000/- each should be paid (lumpsum at the time of admission)
(Television Journalism) – Total Rs. 55000/- each should be paid lumpsum at the time of admission
3. Minimum qualification for joining the course is Graduation in any discipline. Final year degree students awaiting their results may also apply.
4. Candidates must pay Rs. 300/- along with application by demand draft in favour of SECRETARY, KERALA MEDIA ACADEMY, KOCHI-30, payable at ERNAKULAM Service Branch.
5. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OEC need pay only Rs. 150/- by demand draft
6. When applying for the course, the candidate must attach copies of relevant certificates.
o Provide Payment Details in Column.17.
o The Demand Draft should be in favour of SECRETARY, KERALA MEDIA ACADEMY, KOCHI-30, payable at ERNAKULAM Service Branch.
o Applications without DD will be rejected.
7. Entrance examination shall be conducted at KOLLAM, KOCHI and KOZHIKODE. Candidates are not eligible for TA /DA.
8. Candidates must produce original certificates and self-attested copies of the following at the time of interview.
o Original degree certificates
o Mark lists of degree terminal/semester examinations
o Relevant page of SSLC certificate showing date of birth
- SC/ST/OEC students of Journalism and Communication, Public Relations and Advertising and Television Journalism have to pay the library deposit only.Caution deposit would be refunded at the conclusion of the course
- Fees once paid would not be refunded. However if a student discontinues the course within 30 working days from the date of joining but without attending any class, they may seek refund by giving a written request to that effect. Rs. 5000/- would be deducted from the total fee.
- Expenses relating to stationery, tapes, teaching aids, travelling, lodging and boarding, incurred during practical work, study tours etc., have to be borne by the students.
- Students must pay Rs. 1500 towards final examination fee at the end of the course.
- Failed candidates may appear for the examination after paying relevant fees.
- Limited hostel facilities for girl students would be available. Those who seek admission in the hostel should submit their application in the prescribed form at the time of admission.