- To promote and co-ordinate research in the field of media through fellowships
- To organise training courses, workshops, seminars, exhibitions and consultancy services in association with working journalists, newspaper management and universities.
- To publish books, periodicals, monographs and research papers.
- To co-operate with academic institutions and organisations in the formulation of syllabus for teaching media courses
- To institute awards to honour individuals, institutions and organisations in recognition of meritorious services rendered